Rega Planar 2
The Planar 2 was developed over two years of vigorous research, released alongside the Planar 3. The Planar 2 makes use of the company’s highly adept RB220 tonearm. This tonearm incorporates a new ultra-low friction design, completely bespoke to Rega, zero play ball bearings, housed within a state of the art, more rigid yet more lightweight bearing housing. This bearing housing was designed with a new automatic bias setting, removing the requirement for the user to set the bias. This means that the turntable is essentially plugged and play right from the box, bar some simple arm balancing.
The Planar 2 features a new 11mm self-securing brass bearing, which offers a better fit and reduces stress on the bearing to prevent the transfer of potential energy that may otherwise distress or degrade the integrity of the sound quality. The platter makes use of a newly developed float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm design, which drastically improves the accuracy of the platter.
The high-gloss acrylic laminated plinth is stiffer and better than before, improved both aesthetically and ergonomically with the new power switch positioning. The plinth comes in two finishes; a gloss black, gloss white and Red.
- RB220 precision tonearm
- Rega Carbon cartridge factory fitted
- 24 V low noise, low vibration motor
- 10 mm float glass opti-white platter
- Walnut effect finish supplied with smoked dust cover as standard
- Gloss finish supplied with clear dust cover as standard
- Advanced EBLT drive belt fitted as standard from March 2021
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects