Naim Launch the Mu-so 2nd Generation
Introducing the Naim Audio Mu-so 2nd Generation
The Premium Wireless Speaker Your Music Deserves
Mu-so 2nd Generation is the successor to the multiple award-winning Mu-so wireless music system, re-engineered for class-leading performance, functionality and usability by Naim’s experts based in Salisbury, England.
Combining 45 years of hi-fi mastery with the very latest music-streaming technology and premium design quality, this is the ultimate single-box system you and your music deserve. From up to 32bit high-resolution streaming to multiroom music to HDMI TV sound; you’ve never heard it so good from an all-in-one wireless system.
At the heart of Mu-so 2nd Generation is Naim’s music-streaming platform, developed by 25 engineers over 3 years to offer the very best performance whether playing your own digital music collection, a world of Internet radio, or music streaming services such as TIDAL and Spotify. This acclaimed innovation is uniquely found in Naim music-streaming products, such as its Uniti range and dedicated network players, including the £20,000 flagship ND 555.
Continuing its high-performance credentials, Mu-so 2nd Generation’s 450 Watts of music power are joined by all-new speaker drivers – optimised in conjunction with Focal, the acoustic specialist celebrating its 40th anniversary, and Naim’s Vervent Audio associate; more than 10 times more processing power for even greater musical accuracy, and a re-engineered cabinet design to further enhance bass delivery.
Stream your music in high-resolution quality (up to 32bit/384kHz) via UPnPTM, or browse millions of songs through AirPlay 2 (including Apple Music), Spotify® Connect, TIDAL, Chromecast built-in and Internet radio. Upgraded Wi-Fi connectivity promises a slicker streaming experience, while Ethernet remains an option if you prefer things hard-wired.
You can also connect devices wirelessly via Bluetooth®. Mu-so 2nd Generation’s USB input, meanwhile, supports music playback from USB drives.
Mu-so 2nd Generation in detail:
- New intelligent Controls All-new intuitive interface has 15 touch sensitive buttons and a bold, illuminated volume dial. A proximity sensor wakes the display.
- Multiroom made easy 3 ways to go multiroom, via Naim, Apple or Google Apps.
- More music power New multicore Digital Signal Processor (DSP) drives higher performance, providing 2000 MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second) compared to original Mu-so’s single-core, 150MIPS DSP.
- Upgraded speaker drivers A joint development project between Naim and Focal R&D departments has delivered improved and highly optimised drive units for Mu-so 2nd Generation. Focal has been creating benchmark acoustic equipment since 1979.
- Award-winning music streaming technology Featured in the Uniti range of all-in-one players, Naim’s high-end network players and now Mu-so 2nd Generation, Naim’s unique streaming platform is extremely powerful and adapts to new technologies.
- Improved Bass Performance Mu-so 2nd Generation has been re-engineered to have a 13% increase in cabinet volume, which enables bigger, better bass performance.
- HDMI ARC An all-new HDMI ARC input lets you easily connect your TV to experience a huge boost in sound quality; and allows audio control via the TV’s remote handset.
- New Grille finish and colours Mu-so 2nd Generation’s speaker grille has had a style update. The standard black grille can be easily swapped for one of 3 new colour options – Olive, Terracotta, and Peacock – to best suit your taste and décor.
- Chromecast built-in Google’s streaming service allows you to seamlessly link to 100s of supported apps, including Deezer, Qobuz, Plex, TuneIn, SoundCloud and Pandora.
- AirPlay 2 Stream music from your iOS device or from iTunes and Apple Music and take advantage of Apple’s new multiroom feature.
- Spotify Connect Native support of Spotify® Connect, a better way to listen at home. Listen to Spotify on your Mu-so 2nd Generation, using the Spotify app as a remote.
- TIDAL The lossless streaming service is integrated into the system for an immersive, high-quality sound experience.
- Bluetooth® Pair with a Bluetooth device to instantly play your music.
- Internet Radio Access thousands of internet radio stations and save your favourite presets for easy access.
- UPnPTM Streaming Stream music from your PC, Mac or network-attached storage in high-resolution quality. Mu-so 2nd Generation supports high-resolution WAV, FLAC and DSD files at resolutions up to 32bit/384kHz.
- Roon Ready Roon transforms the experience of browsing music. Beautifully laid-out metadata is located automatically, then interconnected by links to build a searchable digital magazine about your music collection.
- Room Compensation Choose from three different settings – Near Wall; Near Corner; No Compensation [In Free Space] – to tailor your listening experience to wherever the Mu-so 2nd Generation sits in the room.
- Additional connectivity As well as its new HDMI ARC connection, Mu-so 2nd Generation has a USB input, Optical Digital input and 3.5mm analogue input.
- All-new remote control Mu-so 2nd Generation’s premium features and functionality are reflected in its new remote control handset.
- Alarm Clock Mu-so 2nd Generation features an alarm clock which can be enabled via the settings menu in the Naim app.
The Mu-so 2nd Generation is available now at £1299. Coloured Grille option available at an extra cost. Call us now for more details.